Prepare for Back-to-School: Make It a Great Year
I’m a planner, especially when it comes to Back-to-School season. This lady prepares early. So, I planned my first day of school outfit several weeks in advance. As one does.
However, one year I did not account for Restaurant Week. If your city doesn’t have RW, here it is in a nutshell. Local restaurants provide a fixed price meal for lunch or dinner during the week. Each meal is 3 courses of deliciousness. This is 2 more courses than I would normally order.
I met with friends three, yes three, times the week before school started for meals and ate a ton of food. When I went to put on my trousers for the first day of school, they didn’t fit. Whoops! I had to change my entire outfit at the last minute. #stillworthitBe ready to make changes on the fly and accept things the way they are.Click To Tweet
I say this to remind you that we can plan and hope for how that first day will go, but it may not go that way. Be ready to make some changes on the fly and accept things the way they are.
Now, that is not to say you shouldn’t prepare for Back-to-School. Luckily, I’d already picked out my outfit for the 2nd day (a dress) and slipped into that. I didn’t lose much time that morning and still made it to school at the time I wanted to arrive. Planning saved my butt that day and made sure that the new school year started smoothly.
While you may not see every twist the first few weeks of school will throw at you – schedule change, new teachers, unexpected assignments – some planning ahead of time can help you weather those twists and turns.
Here are some ways to prepare for Back-to-school this year:
Prepare for Back-to-School
Start the Year with a Bang
- How to Prepare for the 2020-21 School Year
- Back-to-School Quotes to Energize You for the New School Year
- Complete Your Summer Assignment at the Last Minute
- Back-to-School Goals: How They Can Make a Better You
- 6 Ways Teens Can Start the School Year Off Right
- 5 Foolproof Ways to Impress Your New Teacher
Shopping and Supplies
- The Best Academic Planner for Teens
- Back-to-School Shopping for Teens
- How To Save Money When Back To School Shopping
- 5 School Supplies That Will Get (and Keep) Teens Organized
- DIY It This Year: How to Make Your School Supplies Awesome
- Buying a New Backpack: How to Buy the Best Bag
- Homework Caddy: How to Create One for Cheap
Hey Mom and Dad! I see you reading this and know you want some concrete ways you can help your kiddo have the best possible school year. Here are some posts just for you!
- How to Get Your Teen Ready for Remote Learning
- How to Help Your Teen with Back to School Anxiety
- How to Manage a Hectic School Year
- 5 Ways to Make Your Teen’s Back-to-School Awesome
- Back-to-School Routines You Can Start Now
- What to Expect When Your Teen Starts High School
- Homework Battles: How to End Them for Good
- Student Planners: How to Get Your Teen to Use One
While these posts won’t keep you from overeating the week